Saturday 20 May 2017

Watch our exploding volcano experiment!!


There was great excitement in Room 1 when the volcano exploded: 

We put the baking soda in the vent, then Shivalee put red food colouring in. Kingston poured in the white vinegar and.....






Lava appeared!!










Kingston - I liked the volcano. I am going to make one at home with an adult.

Carter - it has bubbles in it. It looks like fire.

Sofia - It looked like kind of bloody.

Antonio - I liked it when it flowed out and when it was going out and down the side.

Ayla - It looked like fire.

Aksshat - The volcano is a mountain. It looked like a fire.

Harley - I liked the volcano.

Nihaansh - The volcano blew.

Olivia - I liked the volcano beause It had bubbles.

Ella - I liked the volcano because it was red and itwent down the sides.

Shivalee - I liked it when the vinegar came and it exploded.

George - I liked it when it exploded.



13 comments:

  1. Your volcano looks awsome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Anurag. We enjoyed it so much, we will do it again!

      Delete
  3. How awesome. I heard all about the volcano when Antonio got home from school that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome. I heard all about the volcano when Antonio got home from school that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so much fun, we'll do it again Vanita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your volcano. It looks like lots of fun. DId you have fun? Did it make a mess? From Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your volcano.I can tell that your so excited to see the lava.Was it lots of fun? What did you learn about a volcano? Doris Room 15

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, my name is Peyton and I am a student in room 12 at New windsor School. I really like room 1’s blog because it looked so fun and I like how you made volcanoes putting lava in the volcanoes. I’d really like to do that too because it looks like fun. Have you thought about doing it with your buddies so that your buddies can have fun too and learn about volcanoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peyton, we did the experiment with our buddies and they loved it!

      Delete
  9. Hi there, my name is Kaia and I am a student in room 12 at New Windsor School. I really like the way you guys made the volcano . It made me think of a video that I watched about a volcano because your volcano looked similar. Have you thought about making it explode by using vinegar and baking soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaia, that is what we used to make the explosion.... it was exciting!

      Delete